To kick start optimum health, try the following routine...
Breakfast starts with the final thing you do before going to sleep. That means the very last thing you do before your eyes close at the end of your day.
Before you go to sleep - drink a pint of water - tap, filtered, spring or mineral.
Wake up - drink a pint of water (see above) immediately
- Bread and similar products, cereal, porridge (cooked oatmeal), fruit juice, butter, sugar.
- Caffeine - eg. coffee, tea, "green" "white" and "black" tea, cola.
- PROTEIN eg. Eggs, sliced white meats, tuna or other fish, small portion cheese, plain white yoghurt.
- FRUIT. 2 or 3 portions of fresh fruit. Apples, berries, pineapple, oranges etc.
- Unsalted NUTS, be careful with quantity eg. almonds.
- Vary your breakfasts each day rather than eating the same one every day. Keep the body guessing, and promote maximum health and minimise excess calories.
- Your body will probably resist if these are drastic changes. But once you have repeated it for 5 to 10 days, the process will become as much a (GOOD) habit as were any less healthy habits you once had.
Coming soon, Snacks....