Key Food Groups
|click to talk directly to trainer Paul|
Eat protein rich foods : Meat, fish, eggs or nuts, pulses, beans and seeds:
- Ensure a full range of essential amino acids to ensure optimum health and energy
The basis of many of the body's chemical reactions. Vital for optimum repair, immune function, energy levels and connective tissues.
The body tissues are built from a range of minerals.Regular intake promotes strong bones, maintains blood vessel function, promotes dental health, improves brain function, ensures blood circulation, and much more.
Eat plants and meats, seeds and pulses.
- Formation of healthy cell membranes
- Proper development and functioning of the brain and nervous system
- Proper thyroid and adrenal activity
- Hormone production
- Regulation of blood pressure, liver function, immune and inflammatory responses
- Regulation of blood clotting: Omega-6 FAs encourage blood clot formation, whereas Omega-3 oil reduces clotting. The ideal is to achieve a balance between omega-6 and omega-3 FAs
- Crucial for the transport and breakdown of cholesterol
- Support healthy skin and hair