Monday 31 January 2022

PWR Couch to 5k 2022 Diary Week 3

 

Week 3 - Planned

4 x 2.86miles 

A new, reduced distance for week 3. 

After 48 hours rest, the energy had returned but the calf muscles are still playing catch up and go tight after a short distance. 

I introduced some faster intervals and ran up hills, but this exhausted me and forced me to walk for a breather.

My legs feel very heavy by the end. I may need to stretch more in between.

I expect to develop more spring in my running stride, although this is taking a while to develop. At some point, a prolonged rest of 4 or 5 days, from running, may be of more benefit than continuing with the daily runs. for Week 3, remember to take it easy and not be too concerned with beating the times set.

  • Run #1: 29min 45sec








----------------------------------------------------------

Summary so far:

Week 1 - Completed

4 x 2.25miles walk and jog

Total miles: 9 miles

Week 2 - Completed

4 x 3.25miles walk and jog

Total miles: 13 miles

No comments: